This area offer a wide variety of activities. There is truly something for everyone. Activities include sports and waterbased pursuits, exploring cultural treasures and enjoying theatrical entertainment.
Sport in Gardone Riviera
The easy access to the lake enables the enjoment of many water sports:
- rowing (Rowing Club Gabriele d'Annunzio)
- water-skiing (www.consoliniboats.com)
- motor boat rides (www.consoliniboats.com www.danieliboats.com).
We suggest a very pleasant boat trip to the Isola del Garda, an island opposite Gardone, leave from the port of Gardone at 9.35 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday.
To rent a boat contact Nauticabenaco, Danieliboat, Motonauticazanca.
- tennis (300 mt. away, 4 clay courts)
- beach volleyball and soccer (www.rimbalzello.com)
- walks and hikes (free brochure at reception)
- trekking, Nordic walking (www.itineraribrescia.it, www.altogardabresciano.org)-gliding and paragliding (www.yumping.it)
-treetop climbing for adults and children at the adventure park Rimbalzello, a few minute walk from the hotel (www.rimbalzelloadventure.it)
-cycling and mountain biking (www.gardaworld.it, www.gardaonbike.it)
Sports in the nearby towns:
Golf Club Bogliaco, reduction: 20% on green fees, Bogliaco (Bs) Via del Golf, 21 Tel +39 0365 643006. Fax +39 643 006 0365. Holes: 18 Par 67 - CR 64 - SR 120
Arzaga Golf Club in Carzago Calvagese della Riviera (BS) , tel. +39 030 6806266 Fax *39 030 6806473. Holes: 27 Par 72 - CR 72.8 - SR 128
Gardagolf Country Club in Soiano (Bs) Via Angelo Omodeo, 2. Tel +39 0365 674707 Fax +39 674 788 0365. Holes: 27 - Par 72 - CR 72.8 - SR 128
Golf Club Colombaro, reduction: 20% on green fees in Salò (BS), Località Cunettone. Holes: 9 1403 meters par 29
The nearby towns each have different characteristics and charm. Visit
- Salò, (4 km away) with its promenade, the 15th century Duomo, fashion shops and the popular Saturday market,
- Gargnano, (7 km) with its historical lemon groves and its unique example of rural architecure in Italy;
- Tignale and Tremosine, (30 km) both clinging to hill cliffs 600 meters above the lake, with breathtakingly views of the Mount Baldo (mt 2079) ( www.parks.it/parco.alto.garda.bresciano/);
- Riva, (41 km) located right in the north, between the steep walls of Mount Baldo, coloured by hundreds of windsurfers;
- Malcesine, (36 km) with its panoramic revolving funicular which takes you to a height of 1650 mts in just 10 minutes (www.funiviedelbaldo.it);
- Sirmione (34 km), with the Grotte di Catullo (Roman ruins of the 1st century BC.), the Castle of the Della Scala family (1300s) and its picturesque narrow streets full of souvenirs shop and the famous thermal waters.
Trips on motorships and fast boats, cruises on the lake
Perhaps the best way to appreciate the landscape is from the water. The villages and hillside as seen from the lake are truly wonderful! There are sheer cliffs, picturesque harbors, ancient lemon groves, the Isola del Garda with its spectacular palace and much more For boat timetables (www.navlaghi.it)
Entertainment and events
- Vittoriale Theatre offers a full summer season of drama, music, operettas, ballet (www.anfiteatrodelvittoriale.it).
- Concert Season of Salò Town
- Arena of Verona. (www.arena.it)
-Brescia with the museum complex of Santa Giulia (www.bresciamusei.com) and the Mille Miglia Museum, the legendary car race. (www.millemiglia.it)
-Verona, the town made famous by Romeo and Juliet (www.viaggimolinari.it),
-Rovereto with its Mart, the world famous contemporary art museum,
-Venice, a truly unique and beautiful city of bridges, canals, majestic palazzos
-the Dolomites, recently declared an Unesco World Heritage Site
-Mantua and its Palazzo Ducale with frescoes by Andrea Mantegna
-Milan with its Duomo and via Montenapoleone, displaying the latest fashions
There is an Italian open-air market somewhere on the lake almost everyday! Why not combine a shopping trip with a boat ride?
Monday: Peschiera, Torri
Thursday: Toscolano-Maderno, Bardolino
Friday: Garda, Sirmione
You can buy excellent extra-virgin olive oil at the numerous groves and presses which sell their produce direct along with other products, such as olive paste, oils with herbs, honey and cheeses.
Wines have been produced locally since Roman times: the Valtenesi district is famous for the red wines (Groppello, DOC Garda Classico, Chiaretto) while the Moraine hills in the south for the great white wines (Lugana, Bianco di Custoza, ecc).
Franciacorta Outlet Village in Rodengo Saiano, a fashion district with renowed Italian and foreign brands.
Maderno: Wednesday afternoon
Desenzano: first Sunday
Lonato: third Sunday
Brescia: second weekend
Roncadelle: fourth Sunday